We’ll help you achieve the required concrete service life in its exposure conditions.
There are three aspects of service life:
- Technical service life: How long until the concrete fails or the structure is unusable?
- Functional service life: How long does it fulfill its functional requirements before it becomes obsolete? For example, it may not meet new requirements for clearance, lane width, or load capacity.
- Economic service life: How long is it more economical to maintain or repair rather than replace?
Beton can help you evaluate the remaining service life of an existing structure or meet the specified service life for a new structure.
- corrosion protection plans to achieve the specified service life
- life cycle modeling, including calculating inputs into the model based on your project
- concrete testing for input into life-cycle models using either ASTM C1556 or NT Build 492
- designs for high slag and fly ash replacement mixtures for low-diffusion coefficient concrete
- concrete mixtures for low shrinkage
- designs for freeze-thaw durable concrete
- solutions for potentially reactive aggregate.