Climate destabilization and the destruction of our natural environment are creating noticeable, adverse changes in our cities. Tornadoes, hurricanes, and higher temperatures adversely affect the life cycle of our infrastructure. To make a difference in this changing world, look to sustainable and resilient construction.
Project design teams increasingly specify products that improve the life cycle of structures and reduce global warming and smog.
More and more, contractors and concrete producers want their company to be a business of choice for “green” projects. In order to do that, they need to improve their products and processes. But where do you start? How do you learn about and implement changes to join this new world of sustainable construction?
Because we have a LEED-credentialed scientist on staff, we can can take you through every step to become a company of choice for sustainable and resilient construction:
- Describe what you need to do in order to qualify as a green company for designers
- Examine your products, materials, recycling and delivery mechanisms, and practices to show you what to do to qualify for a sustainable rating
- Adjust your concrete mix designs to maximize for recycled content
- Make use of marginal materials while still meeting the specifications
- Safely incorporate recycled materials
- Calculate the embodied carbon in your concrete
- Write Environmental Produce Declarations (EPDs)
- Perform LEED compliance calculations
- Help you comply with CALGreen
- Help you incorporate resilient engineering into your project
We’ll cross every “T” and dot every “I” to ensure your company submits impeccable, clear paperwork so you can become a company of choice for sustainable construction projects.