Beton is looking for a Laboratory Manager to join our team. The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for maintenance and operation of laboratory and testing equipment. The Laboratory Manager will schedule and perform concrete tests, oversee concrete and concrete-related material tests as requested, and record and report test results.
The Laboratory Manager will report to the laboratory managing partner.
- Inventory and maintenance of laboratory, non-destructive testing equipment, coring equipment, and field-testing equipment
- Supervision of laboratory personnel including technicians and engineers
- Management of laboratory tests, ensuring that tests are performed to specification/test method and management of laboratory test schedule
- Reporting of laboratory tests
- Maintenance of accurate sample and test records
- Assistance with obtaining and maintaining laboratory accreditation
- Management of concrete sample storage, inventory, and disposal
- Concrete batching material inventory and acquisition
- Assisting the Office Manager with procurement and ordering of new and replacement laboratory equipment
- Organizing of laboratory equipment and storage of all equipment to optimize work flow
- Assisting principal petrographer with sample preparation
- Other duties as assigned
- The individual must be an expert at following a test method, troubleshooting equipment breakdowns, repairing equipment, understanding computer-test equipment interaction, and sample tracking and organization.
- Concrete laboratory and/or field-testing experience preferred, but well-organized individuals with any laboratory management experience and good communication skills will be considered.
- Ability to lift 50 lb.
- Ability to do physical labor for most of the day
- Available for infrequent travel
- Work in all temperature environments
Interested? Please contact Mary Vancura at email@example.com or 612-597-3431.